July 9, 2016 - Scholastic All American Applications Open
2015-2016 Scholastic All-American Applications Open
The application for the 2015-2016 year will be available online at the USA Swimming website from June 1, 2016 to August 15, 2016.
• The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
• Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
• Qualifying pool times for the applicant will be validated through Times on the USA Swimming website (time MUST be in SWIMS).
• Applicant will be required to have a TRANSCRIPT for the COMPLETE academic year available for uploading to the application.
• Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2015-16 SAA team.
• Applicant must have all application documents completed by August 15, 2016. Late applications will NOT be accepted or considered.
July 9, 2016 - ASCA World Clinic for Coaches
2016 ASCA World Clinic – September 6-11, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
The ASCA cordially invites each and every coach to join us in our home, beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach, FL for the ASCA World Clinic. This is the largest educational gathering of coaches around the world each year. Our 47th annual event is being hosted at the amazing Marriott Harbor Beach, one of South Florida’s finest properties. With great amenities for everyone, this is truly a special hotel to bring your whole family along – have a family-friendly Florida beach vacation and great educational and inspiring coaching experience all wrapped into one. In addition to all the fine opportunities within the Marriott, Fort Lauderdale and South Florida also offers some of the best dining, shopping, and other attractions in the world. So, come and make a whole week of it.
This year’s ASCA World Clinic has many opportunities for every make of coach – College, High School, USA Swimming Senior and Age Group, Masters, International, Business, and Learn-to-Swim:
• ASCA Hall of Fame Induction Presentation / Annual Awards Banquet; and Welcome Party
• 30 presenters featuring Olympic Coaches Bowman, Marsh, Bottom, Gemmell, and more!
• Over 40 regular presentations
• 8 ASCA Certification and Enrichment Schools
• 2 Special Seminars featuring legends Mark Schubert and David Salo
• SwimAmerica Learn-to-Swim Conference + Program Director and Site Supervisor training
• New International Masters Coaching certification
• USA Swimming Build a Pool Conference
• Live Spanish Translation for all main room presentations
• Red Cross STSC and CPR Certification and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification
Come join us and all of your coaching friends and colleagues at this year’s ASCA World Clinic
June 29, 2016 - Michael Phelps makes 5th Olympic Team
NBAC’s Michael Phelps made the USA 2016 Olympic Team in the 200M Butterfly. He is headed to Rio!!
June 27, 2016 - Chase Kalisz, NBAC, 2016 Olympian
Hometown: Bel Air, Md.
Club: North Baltimore Aquatic Club
Coach: Bob Bowman
Olympic Event: 400m IM
Career Highlights: Kalisz has gained a wealth of international experience since finishing sixth in the 400m IM at the 2012 Olympic Trials. He won silver in that event at the 2013 FINA World Championships, then went on to take bronze in the 400m IM at both the 2014 Pan Pacific Championships and the 2015 FINA World Championships.
His Olympic-qualifying time of 4:09.54 in the 400m IM is the second-fastest in the world heading into Rio, behind Kosuke Hagino of Japan (4:08.85).
Rio will be his first Olympic appearance.
Quote: “Michael (Phelps) can tell you stories about me. Probably when I was 6 years old, he would catch me spinning his spinners – he had spinners on his car. Me and the younger guys, we would always see Michael’s Escalade and go spin his spinners. He would come out after prelims and catch us all and set off his car alarm, and we’d freak out and run. I’d ask him for six autographs a day .”
From www.usaswimming.org website.
June 18, 2016 - New Swim Team
Welcome HSST – Harford Sailfish and Head Coach Doretta Davies: Maryland’s Newest Swim Team