Y in Central Maryland
Location: Pasadena, MD
Swim Coach 1: Under the direction of the Swim Director or other assigned staff, the Swimming Instructor will conduct swimming lessons in compliance with all applicable codes and in accordance with YMCA of the USA guidelines. This person may be asked to assist the Swim Director with administrative tasks at times. Also demonstrates a commitment to the Y’s Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Responsible for conducting classes according to the YMCA of the USA Swim Program, adapted where necessary for local conditions.
- Responsible for the efficiency of the lesson program through rigorous adherence to standards set for progression and honest evaluation of student’s abilities.
- Responsible for attending all scheduled classes within a session; when an absence in unavoidable, secures a substitute and provides lesson plans for that substitute.
- Maintains the highest level of safety in all activities. The instructor is responsible for the safety of his or her class at all times.
- Helps to promote participation the Y Swimming Lessons program.
- Reports to work in sufficient time to prepare for upcoming classes and reports on deck appropriately attired before the start of class.
Swim Instructor I- CPR and First Aid certifications within 90 days. Swim instructor certification within 90 days (Y-Basic preferred or WSI). 0-1 year experience working with children or adults in group settings.
This person may be asked to assist the Swim Director with administrative tasks at times. Also demonstrates a commitment to Y Core Values- Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Contact Information :
Director of Competitive Swimming
Pasadena, MDGet Directions