West Howard Swim Club
16131 Old Frederick Road, Mount Airy, MD 21771
Assistant Swim Coach
The West Howard Swim Club is a private swim club with approximately 350 families located in Western Howard County. The West Howard Swim Club is seeking an Assistant Coach for the 2019 Summer Swim season. The swim team consists of approximately 160+ swimmers ranging in ages 5-18 with a coaching staff consisting of a head coach and several assistant coaches. The team competes currently in Division V of the Central Maryland Swim League. West Howard is looking for an Assistant Coach who is knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and able to communicate well with coaches, parents, and swimmers.
This is a seasonal position for a summer swim league which lasts May – July. Applicants MUST BE available on the following dual meet dates: Saturday, June 15th, June 22th, June 29th, July 6th, July 12th, July 20st , and Special Meets on Monday, July 22nd, Wednesday, July 24th ,and Saturday, July 27th.
Practices are held from the day after Memorial Day until the last week of July.
The successful Assistant Coach candidate will need to be available to work Monday through Saturday between May 28, 2018 and July 28, 2018.
Requirements, Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends all practice sessions for the swim team, May -July. The practices from May 28, 2019 until June 17, 2019 (or the last day of Howard County Schools) are in the late afternoon/evening. Then the practices shift to the morning.
- Attends all Dual Swim Meets and special meets, June – July.
- Responsible for hands-on swimming skill development of all swim team participants.
- Assists Head Coach.
- Assists in organizing swim meets, including but not limited to: meet prep work, assisting individual swimmers, recording and posting start times, and post-race ribbon distribution.
- Assists in the day-to-day running of the swim team including Team Unify, communication with parents (emails, updates), attendance board, line-ups, record-keeping, and administrative duties.
- Motivates swimmers to achieve individual goals and promotes team spirit.
- Follow and know the rules of the CMSL (Central Maryland Swim League).
- Demonstrates and encourages good sportsmanship for West Howard Wahoo swimmers and opponents.
- Required to attend all meets, time trials, and social events.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Experience in coaching all ages and levels of swimmers.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Good general knowledge of the sport of swimming.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
- Experience with Team Unify software
Apply today by sending a resume and cover letter to the swim representative for the West Howard Swim Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Howard Swim Club
16131 Old Frederick Road
Mount Airy, MD 21771