Check here first for: Meet Updates, Upcoming Clinics, Newsletters from your Coaches Rep..etc. Want something posted – just email email@example.com
March 29, 2020 - Coronavirus aid, relief, and economic security act.
Attached you’ll find a link to the a guide to the Coronavirus aid, relief, and economic security act.
March 28, 2020 - Update from USA Swimming on Insurance Coverage
- Members: Only registered USA Swimming members may participate in the training
- Supervision ratio: The Coach/Instructor to athlete ratio shall be no greater than 1:8 (1 coach per 8 athletes)
- Recommended exercise: Training shall consist primarily of body weight or light resistance exercises
- Spatial limitations: Coach shall ensure the athlete is in an open space free from obstruction prior to training.
- Content: All content must be professional in nature.
- Timing of training: All video training must take place between the hours of 8:00 am – 8:00 pm and may not take place on a social media platform. (You may use Zoom, Google, Skype, etc.)
- Parent/3rd party Adult involvement: If there is only one minor athlete and coach conducting the training, the minor’s legal guardian must be present and able to observe the training and video.
- For any group setting, at least one other adult, in addition to the coach, must be present and able to view the video activity during the training session.
- The parents should sign a release for at home dryland training.
March 24, 2020 - Rules & Regs for 2nd Year Swim Coaches Will Be Unavailable
Rules and Regulations for Swim Coaches test and officials’ online tests will be unavailable from April 15-30. These tests are being updated to allow for the May 1st rule changes. There is no grace period for coaches; they cannot be on deck at practice or meets until they meet the education requirement.
The Rules and Regulations for Swim Coaches test is part of the 2nd year coach membership requirement.
You may get calls from panicked coaches but there is nothing they can do until the updated tests are back online May 1st.
March 24, 2020 - How to apply for Unemployment in MD
March 23, 2020 - USA Swimming Insurance for At Home Dry Land
Holly Bradley from ROCK received this email from George Ward at USA Swimming today, about USA coverage for Dry Land being done at home right now, by her swimmers:
Unfortunately, the insurance coverage for dryland requires direct and active supervision by a USA Swimming member coach. That said, we don’t have many injuries from dryland. I like the idea of you using a disclaimer, and advising the parents that the club and coaches cannot provide direct and active supervision for these optional workouts and they are done at your own risk under supervision of a parent.